This year mum has certainly got her flower growing to a tee. Our garden is in full flower and with the annual Falmouth produce and flower summer show coming up at the weekend, it’s certainly good timing.
I asked Mum for her 6 tops tips for growing flowers:
- Choose plants that will grow in your garden soil!
- Feed with flower food.
- ‘Dead head’ flowers to promote fresh flower growth.
- Go for flowers that have a fragrance, such as sweet peas and roses.
- Save the seed pods from your flowers for next year.
- Choose Bee friendly plants to promote biodiversity in your garden.
Good luck Mum!